Monday, January 03, 2011

Reaching for the Stars (My Promise)


I will reach to the stars and grab one if you ask me to…
I will swim the oceans to be with you…
I will build a bridge to reach you…
I will cook a meal to get you…
I will write a poem to keep you…
I will kiss you deeply to love you…
I will stand in front to protect you…
I will stand behind to support you…
I will hold you tight to soothe you…
I will let you fly to free you…
I will argue with you to challenge you…
I will always be willing to listen to you…

You will inspire me to be greater…
You will challenge me to do better…
You will laugh at me when I deserve it…
You will knock me down when I need it…
You will build me up when I yearn for it…
You will quench me when I thirst for it…
You will hug me when I ask for it…
You will always love me unconditionally…

We will conquer the world if we want to…
We will help the world if we need to…
We will read the Sunday Times in bed all day…
We will go out on the town…
We will stay in for the night…
We will eat delicious foods…
We will walk along the bay…
We will listen to each other with open ears…
We will enjoy the arts…
We will make love everywhere…
We will cheer at the ballpark…
We will crash black tie affairs…
We will be for each other what we’ve never had but always wanted…

This is my promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment