Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Julie Rems-Smario's Response to "Women Who Voted for Trump."

As one of the founders of a national movement, Language Equality and Acquisition for Deaf Kids (LEAD-K), Julie Rems-Smario is currently involved in the legislative campaign to establish mandated language benchmarks for all Deaf children between the ages of 0 to 5, to academically prepare them for Kindergarten. For the work she has done to ensure that Deaf children acquire languages, ASL and English, she was honored by DeafLife as the Deaf Person of the Year in 2015. She was also recognized with international awards such as CNN Heroes 2007 and E-Women Network International Humanitarian Award for her work as an advocating for the rights of domestic and sexual violence survivors as the founding executive director of DeafHope in Oakland, California. "If I turned down every candidate who objectified women, I’d vote for no one." Rebecca Gregory, 46. Nurse. You forgot Hillary Clinton. She didn't objectify women. More than any other candidates, she knows what it's like to be objectified. " But I don’t get offended like some people do. You get through the bad and you focus on the good. Basically these were our choices, and I felt he was the better choice, and I had to overlook the negatives and focus on the positives." Sandy Pearson, 48. Studying to be a mortgage broker. You are not a person of color and/or disablity, nor are you part of the LGBTIQQ community... easy for you to overlook the negatives. Your life and livelihood are not threatened. But your womanhood already is threatened. ""I went to Minnesota and I had a Somali cabdriver who lectured me for 35 minutes to the airport about how women in America have too much freedom." My thought process on that is that I don’t like seeing people going through the hardship they go through, but I don’t want to go backwards in the feminist movement, either. But, but, but ... we are going backwards in the feminist movement with the Republican men making decisions about our uterus and banning Planned Parenthood. Congrats for playing a part sending us women backwards. "Do I think Trump’s trying to send women back to the kitchen? No, his daughter is a great example. She ran the women-who-work campaign long before he ran for president." His daughter is not the President-elected.... think again with his pussy grabbing comments and glorification of pageants. He objectifies women. Poor Melania is staying home in New York while he goes to work hundreds of miles away. "Don’t go back and forth. Don’t pander." (about Hillary Clinton). Himmm ... he earned the name Flip-Flop Donald. He cannot remember his lies. Good job with your voting choice. "A racist? ‘You don’t know me--I feel very, very badly for the people who are very scared for their way of life. From what I’m understanding, he’s only really wanting illegal immigrants that have committed crimes to be deported, which I agree with. I feel bad for the lesbian and gay and transsexual community that fear for their way of life. From what I understand, he says he’s not going to mess with that.... I’m looking for a brighter future for me and my children, and honestly I felt l like our country was kind of at risk if we did elect Hillary." Victoria Czapski, 45. Works in education. It's time for a little social justice training which doesn't hurt anyone: It's undocumented immigrants, not illegal immigrants. It is not transexual community -- It's transgender community. Oh, you feel bad for them and for the LGBTIQQ, but only vote for who is the best for yourself and your children. Bit self-serving, aren't you? I got news for you ...you are a racist and you are also not a friend of the LGBT community. You just put our nation at an "unpresidented" risk. One more thing ... your president-elected will be footing you the bill for the wall. "No time for political correctness ...This is a Christian country. The whole bending over backwards. He says what everyone’s thinking and is afraid to say. That doesn’t make anyone bigoted." Unpack much? This is not a Christian country. Christians stole the country from the Natives. Yes, he is bigoted and he is giving you the permission to stay bigoted. Best remedy for bigotry is a good dosage of social justice training. Thank you for confirming why social justice is important. "Can't put him in a box... Obama was out for himself. I don’t think he really respected the office. I think it was more about him being a celebrity than a president... He wants to bring America back to what it was before. I don’t think it’s taking us back to women have no rights or slavery days." Pam Cornett, 46. Formerly self-employed, now working in customer service. You voted for a reality show celebrity from "The Celebrity Apprentice" You had a hand in sending us backwards by opening the pandora box of racism and sexism. Go back into your box of denial. "He was egregious, but she lied. ...The Clintons got wealthy because of their position. I’d rather have someone there who doesn’t need the money. " Paula Filar, 71. Retired business owner. You must be in the twilight zone, because he is flooding the swamp and refusing to divest. As for lies, he is worse that Nixon. It seems that your internalized disdain for women blinded you from #notmypresident's evils. "When Trump became my only choice, I felt he was the lesser of two evils. I had major issues with Hillary as far as ethics was concerned. It seems she feels that she is above the law and nothing ever seems to stick." Tangie Wooden, 44. Learning facilitator for Blue Cross of Tennessee. You got your candidates mixed up. I think you meant that #notmypresident acts as if he is above the law and nothing ever seems to stick. "Good business sense." Kasia Riddle, 43. Substitute teacher. Have you checked his legal troubles? He screws people by not paying for their work. If this is your idea of good business, then God help America. "To say women are going backwards would be wrong. Look at how much Trump hires women, how much he does rely on women, how much he relies on his own daughter. I’m sort of amazed by her. She may pull him more into the middle. She’ll be a good voice for women." Guzin Karides, 49. Homemaker, former attorney Where is Ivanka's voice about saving Planned Parenthood? Follow Julie on twitter. @JulieRems

No comments:

Post a Comment